Friday, July 23, 2021

The Long Shadow

 









I am going to come at this review from two angles.  The first is from the perspective of theme and the idea of righting wrongs, second chances, etc.  That part of the book was good and I did like how it all came together in the end - messiness of life and all.

But, as someone who loves time travel books this fell short for me.  There was really no explanation for the time travel - nothing that could be duplicated in theory, no idea who the person was who kept helping him and the whys.  I wish that part of the story had been fleshed out and developed better.  

For me this is a maybe purchase.  The message and theme are a plus but the execution was a minus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samosa Rebellion

  This book was really interesting to me in that it took current immigration disagreements and placed them in a semi-fictional setting.  On ...