Sunday, March 20, 2022

Samosa Rebellion

 









This book was really interesting to me in that it took current immigration disagreements and placed them in a semi-fictional setting.  On the island of Mariposa everything is pretty good until the president decides that true Mariposans are only ones who have been there for hundreds of years.  They are "butterflies" while newer immigrants like Muki and his family are moths.  His plan is to get rid of the moths by relocating them either back to where they originally came from or somewhere else.

Can Muki and his friends and family fight back?  And how?

I did like the story and the samosa part was quite clever.  I did find it a bit heavy handed but that may just be me.  I have a feeling this may end up on our state list and it is one I would help to promote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samosa Rebellion

  This book was really interesting to me in that it took current immigration disagreements and placed them in a semi-fictional setting.  On ...