Saturday, March 20, 2021

Gone to the Woods

 









I know it's sacrilege but I have never really been a Gary Paulsen fan.  I am a good librarian - I suggest the books to tons to students and have done book groups with Hatchet, discussed the movie, etc.  But my personal taste...  

So... probably not a surprise that I didn't like this.  The section about him living with his aunt and uncle and what he learned from them was great but then it meandered on and I wanted more - what ever happened to them?  Then the section about the librarian was great - but I wanted more.  Did he ever reconnect with her?  And the last half of the book just flew through time and skipped so much in between that I just didn't feel the message or connection of how his early experiences in the woods helped him survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samosa Rebellion

  This book was really interesting to me in that it took current immigration disagreements and placed them in a semi-fictional setting.  On ...