Tuesday, October 5, 2021

A Place to Hang the Moon

 









I love that I just saw this compared to The War That Saved My Life.  I have to say I don't think the writing is as good but it still has the same feel good aspect to it and a lot of charm.

When William, Edmond, and Anna lose their grandmother at the beginning of WWII their solicitor has the great idea of using the evacuations from London as a way to maybe find them a permanent living arrangement.  But the children go from bad placement to bad placement.  Their wish is to find someone who thinks they are a "place to hang the moon" which is what Williams, the oldest, remembers their mother saying once about them.  Can they find a forever family?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Samosa Rebellion

  This book was really interesting to me in that it took current immigration disagreements and placed them in a semi-fictional setting.  On ...